Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Fort Kearny Vacation -- New Camper




The girls and I went on vacation with my parents.  I found a camper that fits into my truck bed the week before we were going camping.  Dad got it all attached to my truck and I got it packed.  I wanted a picture of the three of us in front of our new set up, but I never got one taken.  You can see it behind Mena in the picture of her playing croquet.  I can crank up the pop-up part of the camper in about a minute.  Then I set up the canopy right behind us.  Maggie and I sleep above the cab of the truck.  Mena sleeps on the table that folds down into a bed.  It just fits the three of us.  There's a propane stove, a sink that could hook up to water (there's no water tank), and an electric frig.  There are enough cabinets to fit everything we need.  We ate in the camper for breakfast because the girls thought that was exciting.  I have our new picnic table that seats 4 under the canopy so we could leave Mena's bed down and eat all our meals outside.  I found a sidewall for the canopy so we have plenty of shade and our bikes, stroller, and table stayed dry when it rained.  The girls' lawn chair bags ripped so I sewed them each a new bag.  They were surprised to find their new bags when we arrived.

No comments: