Friday, August 15, 2014

Lunch Helper

The PTO asked for volunteers to help with kindergarten lunch during the first week as they learn the routine.  I was helping the other classes through the line when Mena's class entered.  On her face was a big smile and yet there was a look like "I see my mom but I can't get out of line!"  When she got to where I was helping she asked me to come sit with her.  I visited with Mena when there was a lull in what I needed to be helping with.  She was literally the last kindergartner done with lunch, but I'm not sure if that's because I was there or because she's such a slow eater.  My mom said I was always the last done eating in my class because I refused to eat my peas.  Will she ever let me live down my hatred of peas?! Haha.  After Mena was done, I was able to walk her to her class.  I gave her a hug and kiss and Mena walked off without any troubles!  Yea!!

The Sunday and Monday nights before school started were full of anxiety for Mena.  Bedtime was full of drama so that I was tired the next morning.  Then Tuesday night she went to bed just fine.  I think once she'd been through the first day of school, then she was able to relax.  She's also gone to the school age room at daycare without any issues the rest of the week.  We made it through the transition and she just might be like me.  It's more stressful leading up to a change than it is to actually live the change.

No comments: