Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve



















On Christmas Eve, the girls and I lit the Advent Candles during the family Christmas Eve service at St. Paul.  We ate a sack supper that I'd packed at the church and then helped in the nursery during the 7 pm service.  When we got home I told the girls they had to put their pajamas on and then I'd let them open a gift.  I ended up deciding to let them open all the gifts from me.

They were both excited to have new dresses that came with matching doll dresses.  They liked the books and games.  Their favorite was the new tablets I bought them.  At first Maggie wasn't sure what she was opening and Mena had to tell her what they were.  Then they were both super excited.

They went to bed pretty easily knowing that Santa couldn't bring them more gifts until they had gone to sleep.

No comments: