Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas with our Extended Family














We arrived in Yutan around noon.  We had a delicious meal with the family and then got to the presents--the best part according to the kids.  The weather was nice enough that the kids could run around outside which helped burn off some of their excited energy!!

The girls opened their gifts so fast or maybe I was helping them too much for me to get very many pictures!  Maggie was most excited for her new Frozen scooter and Mena was most excited for her new Frozen clothes.  They both used their new Frozen earphones with their tablets and both wore their new Frozen clothes on Friday.  We spent the night at Grandma and Papa's and then visited Grandma Olson on Friday.

Grandma was excited for her new necklace that I'd brought back from China for her and Papa was excited for the mug with Mena's painting on it for his coffee.  The cousins also liked their gifts.  They were glad we let them all open at once rather than waiting for one kid at a time to open.  I suppose if we wanted to torture them one year we could make them take turns opening--haha!

Mena took pictures of me opening my new sweatshirt, gloves, and worry beads that Grandma made me.  Aunt Beth took a family picture for us and later Mena snapped a picture of me in my new sweatshirt as Maggie and I came down the hall.  Little bit of finger makes the picture unique :)


No comments: