Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Everybody in their own bed, NOW!

I went to bed at 9 pm thinking that I was going to get a good night's sleep and be refreshed in the morning.  Shortly after I fell asleep, Maggie came into my bathroom.  I opened my eyes to her holding the soap bottle two inches from my face as she declared, "It's empty, Mom."  I told her I'd refill it in the morning.  She put it back in the bathroom and then crawled into my bed.  I gave her a kiss and told her to go to sleep.  She did so very quietly and quickly.

I'm not sure what time Mena came into my bedroom, but she also climbed into bed with us.  I was on a sliver of the side of my bed, Maggie was in the middle, and Mena was on the other side.  They had trouble settling into bed beside each other so I told them they needed to lay still and quiet or they had to go back to their own beds.  They stopped messing around and went to sleep.  I went back to sleep.

At 2:46 am the girls were fighting over who touched who and wouldn't settle down.  I looked at the clock and looked at them and declared that none of us were getting any sleep so they needed to go back to their own beds.  I got out of bed to lead them into their bedroom.  They groaned but followed me into their bedroom.  I gave them each a kiss, covered them up, and went back to my own bed alone to sleep until the alarm went off.

The humor of sharing a bed with my kids!!

No comments: