Monday, July 6, 2015

Independence Day


On July 3rd, the girls and I changed our plans from going to Jamie's party to going to Peg and Jon's since our friends weren't making it to Jamie's party this year.  Jon ended up calling me at 3 pm and asking me to come over early since Jake wouldn't stop asking when Mena and Maggie were coming.  I laughed because my girls were doing the same thing!  We got there about 4 pm and the kids played in the pool.  We grilled out supper and shot off fireworks.  The kids had fun for the first half of the fireworks and then went inside while us adults enjoyed lighting the rest.  We stayed the night at their house and I dropped the girls off at their dad's at 9:45 am.

The girls enjoyed celebrating the 4th with me and then with their dad.  They have fun with both halves of their family, but geez it gets lonely for me when they go to their dad's.  I spent the 4th sewing the pink princess dress for Maggie to wear on Halloween.  I also went to dinner with Lora.  Sunday the girls were still with their dad and there was no Sunday School so I didn't get to see them.  I used the day to clean out my old curriculum.  Today I got to see the kids when they came to summer camp at church and now they are back with him for the rest of his vacation time.  I'm getting the blog up to date.  I won't get tomorrow evening with them but at least I'll have the day with them before their dad gets off work.  I sure miss my kids when they go to their dad's.  I am getting a lot done which helps the time go faster and not feel like such a waste.  I showed Maggie a picture of her dress today on my phone and she is excited for her costume.

No comments: